Wiring a 12v battery

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by gelham01, Jun 30, 2019.

1. gelham01

gelham01 New Member

What is everyone using for a battery connector? I want to replace my 4 pin with a 6 pin that would connect to my 7 pin on the TV. As long as I'm wiring I thought I would splice a battery connector and add a 12v battery. I have a 1996 Palomino Filly and a 2014 Honda Ridgeline as the TV. Thanks!

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

How is a 6 pin connector going to work with a 7 pin TV connector?

3. gelham01

gelham01 New Member

Well, I guess that would be another question than . I should probably cut the 4 pin off and rewire with a seven pin that plugs right to my vehicle versus trying to get adapters.

4. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

A 7 pin rv plug is the the most common and direct.
    Adding a battery only needs 2 wires ...... One from the negative terminal to the camper metal frame....(Should be 10 or 12 gauge wire white in color.) The other wire has to connect to convertor. (fuse part of it) ....... there may be a wire already in the camper harness at the tongue ........ You will have to ID all the wires in your harness.
    If you have to run a new wire .... 10 or 12 gauge black wire with a 20 amp automotive circuit breaker near the pos battery connection will do the trick.

6. gelham01

gelham01 New Member

I would like to add a 7 pin connector on the trailer side and splice off of those wires to connect to a 12v. I noticed that I have 2 white wires? How do I handle those?

Attached Files:

7. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

First confirm that the white wires both go to ground. One may be faded
    A larger white wire from the 7 pin connector needs only to connect the the pups metal frame. Which is the common ground. And other ground wires simply need to be connected to the frame.

8. gelham01

gelham01 New Member

It looks like one of the white along with a grey are coming from the side panel where the 120v and 12v switch is. I believe the other white is from the inverter? IMG_20190711_201508.jpg IMG_20190711_201516.jpg