Wiring diagram

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Schlot, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Schlot

Schlot New Member

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a 1993 Coleman Destiny Royal. I have most of the wiring figured out but I can't locate a break light wire. Any ideas?

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

[:D] Welcome from Connecticut, happy and safe camping, enjoy and have fun. Glad you stopped by PopUp Portal. [CP]

As for your question. The turn signal wires are used as stop lights also. If your TV (tow vehicle) has separate brake lights, a taillight converter needs to be installed on your TV to combine the stop and turn circuits.

Here is the wiring for the six terminal plug if you have one. The blue wire is for electric brakes (if equipped.)
    [​IMG]
    Here is a link on taillight converters ...http://www.etrailer.com/tv-helpful_hints_tow_ready_tail_light_adapter_118158.aspx

3. Schlot

Schlot New Member

Thank you Raycfe, for your response. We recently bought this Pop up and our first outing with a pop up is scheduled in two weeks. I thought it would be cool to make a solar charging system for this camper because .. well, it's a camper and not a tent. (I'm also very new to solar as well.) I noticed the cable to the T.V. was trashed and so I wanted to replace it. The cable at some time in the past had been modified to go from the Coleman 6-wire plug on the trailer to a 7 plug connector for the TV.
    As I could not get any lights to turn on when I charged the Blue wire I got a little confused. (I'm a carpenter by trade and have never worked on a trailer and rarely work on cars.) I had all the other wires (ground, left, right, running lights tail,) figured out. A previous owner hooked up the Coleman gray wire to the 7-way yellow wire.
    The other thing that is confusing me is that the blue wire on the camper/trailer is tied to a 30 amp fuse with a lead that is connected to the negitive pole of the battery. ? Any idea what that does?
    And hey, what are you doing on-line on the 4th of July?
    Thank you so much for your help!

4. Twitch22

Twitch22 73 N6DDY

The wire with the 30 fuse on it sounds like it might be a 12vdc line from the TV to the trailer to charge up the batteries and what not.

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Does your PUP have electric brakes? If so you may have a breakaway switch that is connected to the battery.

[​IMG]

A breakaway switch works like this, The small cable gets attached to the frame/hitch of the TV. If the trailer gets disconnected, the cable would get pulled out and send full power from the PUP battery to the brakes, stopping the disconnected PUP.

As for being home on the 4th I work tomorrow and don't like all the traffic. So I took a nap, cut the grass, took Quincy (dog) for a walk, and went for a motorcycle ride.

6. Schlot

Schlot New Member

No, I don't have a breakaway switch. It doesn't look like there are electric breaks on this PUP.

Tomorrow, I'll crank the camper open and see if I can trace the blue wire with the fuse to some appliance outlet or perhaps some onboard electronics.

I'm thinking that if there are no breaks than the blue wire may have been used for some other application.

Thanks!

7. Schlot

Schlot New Member

The blue wire with the 30 amp fuse goes nowhere. The end of the wire is clipped, coiled up and tied up over the left wheel.
    Everything else is now working just fine! YAY!

8. Schlot

Schlot New Member

Now I need a new awning. Where do I start looking?