Wisconsin suggestions?

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by gfro27, Jan 28, 2010.

1. gfro27

gfro27 New Member

Any body have any suggestions for Wisconsin campgrounds? state/national or private. This will be the first full year with the PUP, so I want to go as much as possible.

Every year I try to find a couple new places. Last year we went to Copper Falls State Park, which was very cool. Awesome hike around the falls and a lot of wild life. I'm located in the Milwaukee area, but am willing to travel any where in the state.

I have Kohler Andrae and Point Beach booked for this summer.

2. zingsheim

zingsheim New Member

wow, Kohler Andrae and Point Beach are really tough to book. We also enjoy Potawatomi and Penninsula in door county and Devils Lake is a must.

3. 2lvrvn

2lvrvn Member

I vote for the same as Zingsheim...
    I agree Kohler and Point are my favorites

4. wayneH

wayneH New Member

We like Mauthe Lake State Park we camp there atlleast 1 time every year and go there approx. every other weekend for the afternoon. Harrington Beach State Park is another nice State Park they just made a campground there last year and has new real nice bathrooms and showers.

Wayne

5. bankerlkd

bankerlkd New Member

We liked Holiday shores in Wisconsin dells - had a nice river site - another benefit is the marina there - we rented a pontoon boat one afternoon and toured the river ourselves - Great location just minutes notrth of all the attractions.

6. jeff h

jeff h New Member

we where at bong last weekend and had a great time. very cold on thursday night when our space heater quit working. we went out the next morning and got 2 new ones.