Woke up in Panther Creek State Park this morning. eastern TN

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by razorbackcamp, Jun 7, 2015.

1. razorbackcamp

razorbackcamp New Member

Park is in great shape. Roads and sites are newly asphalted, bathhouse and pavilions are beautiful and clean and this list of ranger programs are impressive. That said park has no access to Cherokee Lake but do have a small creek that runs thru the west end of campground and a community witj playground and pool less than half a mile from camp, but pool closes at 6 And not open on Monday or Tuesday. Sights on the north west side outer edge of the loop would be my pick if we come back. Tall trees and slope of the mountain give these sites shade late afternoon and evening. But even with temp almost 90 yesterday by 9 it was 76 with a cool wind blowning. Sights from the over look are great and the trails we have been down so far have been well maintained.

2. jeeper88

jeeper88 Let's go Camping and Jeepin

Sounds awesome... I plan on stopping a couple times on the way to Ohio this summer. We always take the country roads just for the scenery. Maybe we will ck into the park as one of our stops...

3. Grizzly_Wayne

Grizzly_Wayne Member

Ha! I worked on the plumbing and mechanical design for those bath houses! Glad to see it all came out nice and finished! It's a beautiful little campground... I drove all thru the park when I was there doing my site visit. Enjoy!

4. razorbackcamp

razorbackcamp New Member

We enjoined the 2 nights we were there and is much nicer than the corp of engineer site on the lake.
    Will post the few pics I took when we get home.

And if it helps anyone out the WiFi adapter for the campground is at site 41.

5. SeymourAgent

SeymourAgent New Member

Our maiden voyage will be to Panther Creek at the end of this month. So looking forward to it. We went and checked out the area a few weeks ago and picked out our favorite sites. It looks like some of the hiking trails take you to Cherokee Lake but not sure how long the hike is. Taking my fishing rod. Did see there is a boat launch just down the road from the park. Our little one played on the playground. Looks like there is something for everyone.