Wolfcreek Park-Lake Livingston Fall Rally Sept 6-8, 2019- Official!

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by lonestarcamper, Jun 12, 2019.

Which weekend in Sept?

Poll closed Jun 26, 2019.
  1. Sept 6-8

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Sept 13-15

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Sept 20-22

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Ha ha Austin!
    Good questions!
    We try to reserve our sites in a central location to be close for activities, but not mandatory. Wolfcreek has 3 wagon wheel type locations that are ideal for rallies.
    We plan activities for kids, although we usually only have a few (one family out to welcome their 4th in Aug).
    We have common Sat breakfast and dinner with pot luck meals near my (wagonmaster) site.
    This is family friendly, but we do welcome new brews and vine sampling’s.
    Often there is a theme (haven’t come up with one yet)
    The park has a marina stir with Putt Putt, swim area, fishing pier, boat dock, playground, etc, and is within 5 miles from quaint Coldspring, TX.
    The online reservations open up July 15 for that week if the rally. If you want to extend your stay past the 8th, make your reservation and then call the park to extend. (936) 653-4312
    We would love to have new campers.
    I will be going up a couple of days early with kayaks to do a little fishing.
    At this moment we have 8 confirmed families and usually end up with around 10-12 sites. Come on! Robin

2. lonestarcamper

CORRECTION!!! Reservations window opens July 8th!!! I will reserve sites 13 and 14 for Wagonmaster and central rally activities if possible.

3. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

I drive over from Hutto. I have been three times. (I think?). Just think of it as one of your regular camp outings at a state park, but your whole neighborhood decides to go. Personally, I find the more attendees the better. Makes for a more eclectic crowd.

Phoodieman

4. lonestarcamper

The “Bye, Bye Summer” theme means we all decorate in “clearance” summer decor and clothing! Meals will
    be “summer grilling” food which means almost anything! Maybe some summer time games and contests????
    Any ideas are welcome!

5. Austin40somethingnewbies

Austin40somethingnewbies New Member

Ok, Lone Star - we are in. Sounds like a great time! Will when call in, will they know where to put us?

6. lonestarcamper

Look forward to meeting y’all! When you can log in online you will see 4 site maps. If you want close to everyone else in the group, select anywhere in the first map, sites #1-30. Hopefully I will have already reserved 13 & 14. If you call, just ask for any of those (I don’t recommend #4). Should be easy enough since it’s the weekend following the Labor Day holiday.
    We are relaxed and just really like hanging out. Since the theme is “Bye, Bye Summer,” we will have some summer decor from the clearance bins and summer games as well. If you have fishing equipment, there is a launch and a pier. Mark your calendar for July 8 to reserve. I’m going up on Sept 4 to kayak fish a little and leave on Monday. The online won’t let you reserve for Mon, but I just call after I make my reservation thru Sun, and Tonya at the park will extend it.
    Looking forward to it and praying for nice weather! Robin Dearing (Lonestarcamper)

7. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Looking forward to meeting you! Come to relax and enjoy your rally. The men folk get Saturday breakfast going for the ladies at rally, kiddos too. Then Saturday evening a general potluck is shared by all. Bring something for your selves plus1. Usually works out well. Seems to be enough food for everyone. As we get closer to event, people post what they plan to bring to potluck. Yxbum, Richard.

8. lonestarcamper

Hey Txbum, I definitely think the water balloons will be perfect for the “Bye , Bye Summer” theme! Hopefully we can find watermelons too!

phoodieman likes this.
  9. Txbum

We are in! Site 30 is reserved Txbum and Mary Jane. I will be happy to bring water balloons. All we need is iced water for the balloons. Yes watermelons will be so good!

10. Txbum

What happens at the rally stays at the rally, unless it was real funny and needs to be shared on social media!

11. Txbum

Adrian , we are going to miss you guys. I always look forward to seeing you , Sara and the kiddos. Oh and Buster too.

12. Austin40somethingnewbies

Austin40somethingnewbies New Member

Just booked unit 15! We good.

13. lonestarcamper

Wagonmaster (Lonestarcamper) Robin is in site 14 and Russ Hooper is in site 13.
    Everyone else, the booking window is now open, so get your site while there is plenty of choices!
    Check those summer clearance bins for fun stuff!

14. lonestarcamper

0F68771C-F161-4CEA-A1D9-9CC857E33A8E.jpeg Here is what it looks like today.

15. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

Mark and Stacy are in for site 16. Change the power converter in the pup this week (if wx allows), and it'll be ready.
    It burned out last night of the trip.

16. lonestarcamper

Great! Get her done now that you have all that time on your hands!
    I just named mine-“Pop-a-Top”
    Let’s get the summer bad weather out of our way and hopefully welcome Fall early!

17. lonestarcamper

C75772F8-2EC2-4C5B-819D-5E9DC23E3A8E.png So far we have 5 sites reserved! If you are planning to go and have not yet reserved, here is the latest site map. If you have reserved, please let me know which site. Here is who I have:
    Lonestarcamper (Robin) 14
    Txbum 30
    Russ Hooper 13
    Merlin 16
    Austin 15
    So far it’s been nice weather this summer, so we may be in for a break. Russ and I plan to come in Wed 9/4 for a little kayak fishing. Getting together a list of games and activities that include:
    Water balloons
    Washer/beanbag toss
    Watermelon seed spitting
    Something with noodles or hoola hoops
    Send me your ideas!
    I’ll probably have a pot of something ready to eat for those who come in late and hungry Fri night.
    Sat breakfast by the boys per Txbum
    Sat night summertime potluck food

We will set up canopies between 14 and 30 for meals and hanging out. If you have an extra canopy and/or table please bring it.

More info as needed to come.

18. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

We are in 21... may be some other guests with us.

Phoodieman

19. lonestarcamper

Cool! We welcome guests for sure!
    Looking forward to it you guys!

20. T-minusRetire

T-minusRetire New Member

We are booked on Site 11...looking forward to seeing everyone!!!!

phoodieman likes this.