Wolfcreek Park Lake Livingston Rally

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by lonestarcamper, Jan 27, 2020.

Seriously interested?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2020.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

I think it would help if people would put the closest city and STATE in their post.
    I have no idea where Wolfcreek park is without googling it.

2. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Sorry,
    It’s 5 miles from Coldspring, TX, on Lake Livingston. I’m sure you will want to Google it for more info.

3. lonestarcamper

I see that site #24 is still available in the third camping circle if anyone is still interested in the gathering at Wolfcreek in April 17-19.
    We have 5 sites confirmed, so although not an official rally, and no real activities planned, it will be nice to hang out and visit with all. Robin

4. lonestarcamper

We are one month from our Wolfcreek gathering. With all the recommended shut downs occurring, I will keep you posted to status of our event April 17-19. Everyone stay healthy and get outside. It’s healthy in the woods!

5. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

Any word yet on the plague plans?

6. lonestarcamper

Chris, it’s not looking good. I was going to put a cancellation notice on the rally feed. The park issued an announcement today that all facilities are closed. No restrooms, playground, store, etc. Only full hookups allowed that are totally self contained. Of course, if you are, you can come on, but there will be no rally activities due to social distancing. I have 3 sites, 30, 14, and 15 and 2 self-contained vehicles. That ensures no one will be camping close to me and Russ. My girls may come and use my popup because it is self-contained. I haven’t made the decision to cancel my reservations yet. Let us know what you decide.
    Robin

7. lonestarcamper

Sadly, Adrian, the rally is cancelled due to COVID. The park has not closed, but has new restrictions as of today. Check with park for more info.

8. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't discussed this with Sara yet. I'd hate to bring the kids there and tell them they can't play on the playground. It'd be better if we just stayed home. Once we have a decision then I'll post as to what we're doing. We don't usually use the restroom there, but having the store open with snow cones is a really nice plus of the park.

9. lonestarcamper

It’s a crazy-weird time for everyone! But, safe is the way to go with this one!

10. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

Let's just plan on the next one then. Summer rally?

phoodieman

11. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

Abbot has banned ALL camping in State Parks. Not rallies for April at least in State Parks.

Phoodieman

12. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Well-Known Member

We ended up canceling our reservations. Even if it were open we couldn't see going camping somewhere with a nice playground like they have, camping within site of it, and telling the kids that they can't go over there. We'll just wait until another time when we can meet up again.

As for all state parks being closed, we have one more reservation left at the beginning of May, but I haven't seen an ending date for the order for the state parks to close. Has anyone heard anything yet?

13. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

The email said they were cancelling reservations only through 4/30 although they are all closed indefinitely. Guessing if the order gets extended we will see another email cancelling further dates.

Hearing China is experiencing a second wave now, hoping the same doesn't happen here but given our experience so far I am not that hopeful.