Wondering about Sliders......

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by myride, Jul 27, 2016.

1. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

From someone who didn't want a slide-out, but bought one.... The additional space and comfort is priceless! There really isn't any more work or hassle, just a slightly different set-up routine. As far as extra weight: my 2014 is still much lighter than my previous camper.... Hope this helps with your decision!

2. hayyward

hayyward Active Member

I often camp with 2 other adults and with the slideout dinette I have 3 "bedrooms". And no one has to crawl over someone else to get out of their bunk. This is the best part in my opinion.

3. 61cubby

61cubby New Member

Love the slide dinette! We have a Rockwood 2514G and that thing is huge. 6 people fit very easily at the dinette with plenty of shoulder room. Have not noticed any extra rocking or movement or creaking even with 6 using it. Seems very stable and solid. I do wish there were a bit more floor space to throw things in when popping down but it has the huge storage trunk up front so it turns out alright in the end, plus you get a huge storage place under one of the dinette seats. The other side has the water heater so you don't get as much there.

4. Kb2yht

Kb2yht New Member

Have a slide out on ours, love it.
    I was not sure I wanted one, but the extra space is great.
    As others have said, I can sleep 4 "rooms" of people in mine, and still not be tripping over each other.

The not being able the access the fridge is a little annoying, but at least on my model, the rear bunk is more of an issue than the slide for getting at the fridge.

5. kstephens

kstephens Member

I was dead set on getting a pup with a slide when we were looking. Ended up finding a deal too good to pass up on our Jayco 1207 (no slide). It had a u shaped couch/dinette at one in, in addition to standard dinette. So it had more than enough seating and room to spread out. I have not missed it. I could not get by without the floor space when packing - we load it up.

6. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

Buy a unit with the slide. It gives you so much more space and room when it's raining. We love ours.

7. Laney A

Laney A My crew: Me, hubby and our 3 K9's.

Our pup has a slide out dinette and we love the extra space.