Woo Hoo!

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Hilldweller, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Hilldweller

Hilldweller Well-Known Member

EDIT: Go to page three, post 51 for where buyer's remorse sets in. This is a work in progress and I hope to update with a good conclusion.
    It starts well but goes downhill.

20210602_140040_HDR.jpg

Picked it up yesterday, had the dealer install the PD converter and LiFePo4 battery. Tows like a dream. But it's bigger than the dim specs said and BARELY fit in the garage. The big ole spare is mounted on the back bumper.
    DW and crew at work love it.

Now begins the epic challenge of fitting all my crap in it. The teardrop we had actually had oodles of storage. The storage on the Aliner is, ummmm, unique. Lift of the mattress and you're rewarded with a cavernous storage area that's trespassed upon by A/C ducting. Similar trespasses abound in other areas as well.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    JimmyM, themarina, TheBlurb and 19 others like this.
  2. cindy_k

cindy_k Member

Nice! Congrats!

We are waiting to pickup our ,new to us, used 2015 Jayco 12HMD from the dealer.
    The garage fitting is why I didn't go with a Forest River. My garage is only 20' deep.
    The Jayco is 18' according to the specs, so we have a little wiggle room... barely. :)

I have been watching videos on how people have created storage solutions for their AFrames.
    We are planning on removing the microwave. We have no intention of ever using it, and it is a usable storage spot.

Happy A-Frame adventures.

themarina and Hilldweller like this.
  3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Congratulations and it looks good. Best thing, you can remain hitched and still set up. Had a camp neighbor with an a liner pull in almost the exact same time I did in the pouring rain. I just finished unhitching and was already soaked through. The neighbors backed in set up their camper and had their heat on in under a minute. While I was still trying to set up my traditional popup. Can’t think of a better ad for an a liner then that situation I just described.

4. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Makes your RAM look like a Dakota.[LOL]

5. Hilldweller

I watched the how-to videos a couple of times over the past months ---- then came showtime and I collapsed it (first try) in about 2 minutes. Second time was under a minute. Set-up with dormers is about 2 minutes. I was truly amazed at how easy it is. And how roomy inside. Well, coming from a teardrop, just about anything is roomy...

6. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

Sweet....When are you gonna ask if your TV can handle it...JK...LOL
    Congrats...I'm Jealous!

7. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

@ hilldweller

Congrats. You will enjoy it.

Keep your mouth shut about the full mattress edition. I buy used and if the sofa couchers find out about the space under the mattress you're going to ruin the lower price for me<GG>

dont worry about the rear bumper. Aliner changed the frame vendor several years ago. Also the design.

Is that a hatch cover or the Kool Kat grill on the right rear? Our A/c ducting was rerouted. Big improvement and out of the way. Also, The Original owner had a third duct added that shoots the air over the rear of the mattress towards the peak. Aim your lower A/c ducts towards the propane furnace worked best on mine.

We looked at a used one that the used dealer was repairing. The first thing we do now is split the french door.!!! Seemed that a customer was trying to collapse the roof and didnt unlatch the door split before lowering the A wall. Pulled the door frame apart.

rescamilla and Hilldweller like this.
  8. Hilldweller

Storage hatch. The HB9000 Heat Pump by Command Electronics resides under the bed in back with a drain hose sticking through the floor. Comes with a remote control (was looking for a television set at first). Order sheet said Kool Kat but this was there ---- maybe COVID supply thing? A/C made it cold enough in there to make your teeth hurt.

Pedro Galvan and Econ like this.
  9. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

Congrats on the new Aliner. Hope you enjoy it!

Hilldweller likes this.
  10. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

So no exterior grill? Next time i dig out the area I will photo. Im grounded for 2 to 3 weeks. grandchild having SX.

11. Hilldweller

Nope.
    At my initial walk-around I was a little concerned (pissed off) because I thought they had de-included it. And I REALLY was looking forward to electric heat and air. I mean REALLY.
    Then I went inside and the a/c was running. And it was cold in there. So I popped the mattress up and there was the HB9000 humming along; just a black box and no grill. Latest and greatest? I'll let you know in a few years.

Pedro Galvan, DiamondGirl and Econ like this.
  12. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

then where is the condenser?

13. Hilldweller

14. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

@Hilldweller

Mine has an exterior grlle with an inlet and exhaust side feeding air to the condenser. where does you heated exhaust go?

15. Erik Leonard

Erik Leonard New Member

@Hilldweller
    Looks good. We have the little brother. We were at Davidson river in pisgah this weekend.

Attached Files:

16. Campeador

Campeador Active Member

Congrats! Looks great.

Those rims look much nicer than most I've seen. Did you special order them? I saw a 2021 Expedition today and it seemed to have the same AC Heat Pump that yours does. The other we saw a few months back had the Kool Kat. Which would you all rather have? Glad to hear that this one works well.

Pedro Galvan likes this.
  17. Erik Leonard

Erik Leonard New Member

No special order. It was on a lot near Roanoke, VA. Wife's hometown.
    Truth be told I think I would rather have the window unit and extra storage, but it works for us.
    I need to look closer in to solar and battery storage.

18. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ

@Hilldweller…. Welcome to the Aliner family, I can’t wait to hear about all your new mods, upgrades, decor and trips. We never used our indoor/outdoor stove. It was in great condition when we sold our Aliner to the new family. The new family is enjoying it now.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

Pedro Galvan and Hilldweller like this.
  19. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Gooder one dude! Miss my Ranger on occasion, kinda wish I'd kept it sometimes...looking forward to camp pics etc...

DiamondGirl and Hilldweller like this.
  20. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Congratulations! Looks like a lot of good times ahead.

Hilldweller likes this.