Woo Hoo!

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Hilldweller, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Hilldweller

Hilldweller Well-Known Member

Third time's a charm, right?

We camped at Cloudland Canyon over the weekend. Great weather, mostly. One rain storm blew through and we took a nap in the trailer with the a/c on. The insulation I put on the ducts worked great; they didn't sweat.
    Anyhow, we woke up and found the triangle-shaped window on the wall over the bed (next to the sink) leaked like crazy. Bed and pillows were soaked. We propped up the bed and used a usb fan to dry things out.

Also, the microwave began to micro-wander; it's un-done itself on one side. How hard is that to re-secure?

You know it's a genuine Aliner when you have to fix a factory defect after each trip. Two defects are twice as good...

sigh

2. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

Here's how I fixed mine. Do they still put the john next to it?

3. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

Attached, microwave fix

Attached Files:

• 095.JPG
      095.JPG
      File size:
      113.7 KB
      Views:
    cindy_k likes this.
  4. Hilldweller

When you go in my door, the shitter is to your immediate left. Has a cabinet attached to it.

Straight in front of you is the fridg.
    To the left of that is the micro with stove above, left of that is a cabinet with sink above.

DW likes the micro. I could live happily without it.
    Your remedy looks nice, tidy, functional...

5. Campeador

Campeador Active Member

Ugh... it never stops! Glad to hear YOUR adjustments to Aliner's AC helped improve that disappointing condition, but what a bummer about the leak and micro-wandering. We haven't even used our MW yet (haven't camped with power yet) but DW swears it'll save the day when our picky son 'needs' some nuggets... otherwise I'd opt for Econ's route.

BTW, my shitter's still on the fritz, which seems to be the ultimate metaphor for a '21 Aliner.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  6. Hilldweller

When we got to the campground the shitter was signaling "there ain't no shitter installed; you no sh!t here" --- so I had to pull the cassette and re-install it.
    And it did that thing again, the "half full" light came on as it became fully full.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  7. Campeador

Campeador Active Member

I've pulled and replaced ours more than twenty times... with no change. I'm guessing the micro sensor is failing. We picked a shitty time to buy, eh?

DiamondGirl, Econ and Hilldweller like this.
  8. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

Someone long time ago told me they didn't buy a new house til it was 10 years old. It takes 10 years for the first owner to correct all the original contractors mistakes. That is my philosophy of campers. I want it several years old and out of warranty. Every problem seen I know there is no backup. Its all on me. I take it for what it is. When the money changes hands the dealer forgets your name.

DiamondGirl and Rik Peery like this.
  9. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ

I was told from a mechanic “never buy the first year of a new model vehicle” because it takes more than a few years for manufactures to get all the bugs fixed. Wish I knew that beforehand. LOL.

On a positive note: you’ll be an expert Aliner owner when all is fixed and resolved.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

Pedro Galvan, Econ and Rik Peery like this.
  10. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

I guess I got lucky with my 1997 F150. I have run into issues getting the right parts for brakes (normal wear) and the headlights (age). The build date, on the door sticker is 12/1995. Must have been a prototype.

DiamondGirl and Hilldweller like this.
  11. Hilldweller

I had a 2000 F150 and it was as dependable as a Pet Rock. Only thing that ever needed repair that wasn't normal wear was the manual shift knob fell off. They gave me one for an F250 and called it an upgrade.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  12. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

I still have <150K on this truck. In the past 3 years it took us and the Aliner around Florida and to the keys. Could tell the AC wasn't right in the keys, so just opened the back glass and we were fine. Turned out to be a leak in the high/low AC lines. Cools as good as new now. Heater core is semi plugged. Hoses come out of heater core, then turn to go behind the engine somewhere. Haven't tackled that yet. Still running the original water hoses.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  13. Hilldweller

This should help you with the heater core for a vehicle of that time period

WrkrBee likes this.
  14. cindy_k

cindy_k Member

Yes! I am going to show that to my husband. We want to pull the microwave out of ours. We will never use it.

15. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

@Cindy
    The face frame is cherry finished in Tung oil as it goes well with the Aliner cabinet color. The edge banding on the drawers hasnt been finished as of this photo so it looks more like the outer face frame now that it has been finished. The drawer faces are 3/8" Baltic finished with Tung.

Prepare for plentiful profanity. The Aliner cabinet shop does not own a square and I'm one of those overprecise types.

It has locks on the drawers. The drawers will slide out during transit without. It used a special captive slide and not the metal slides available at the cabinet shop

Do you have the big empty hole with the two plastic tubs that wastes massive amount of space? I'll try to find a photo what I did with that

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    cindy_k and Hilldweller like this.
  16. Tait

Tait Active Member

I think I might have found a quote for my signature!

DiamondGirl, cindy_k and Hilldweller like this.
  17. Jim Whitehouse

Jim Whitehouse Member

We have a 2018 Classic. The microwave is as you enter on the left. The door opened into the entry way. We used it for storage. Took it out last year and replaced it with 2 drawers. Just a bit of fun doing it as true to ALiner quality, nothing is square. We have more than tripled the storage capacity. I did a post after the job was done.

Econ and Hilldweller like this.
  18. Timmy V

Timmy V Member

I’m so sorry to hear about all the problems you’ve had with your Aliner. We bought our Ranger 12 new in 2018 and other than a leak around the fan during a massive, extended downpour, we haven’t had a single problem with it. Not one. Part of that probably has to do with where we bought it and from whom we bought it, Warren at Road Trip Camping in Orange VA. I was going to talk to him this year about upgrading to a 15-foot Family Expedition, but he doesn’t sell Aliners anymore. Draw your own conclusions?

TimAZ, Econ, Rik Peery and 1 other person like this.
  19. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Got our Ranger 10 from Warren about the same time, same results minus the leak, 0 probs; the dude is straight up honest & squared away, one of the FEW places you can drive away from w/ a smile on your face...

Hilldweller, Timmy V and Econ like this.
  20. Hilldweller

Fixed the leaky window yesterday ---- the bead of caulk above it was about a quarter of an inch too high. Really nice bead though. Guy had talent. So much talent that he must've said, "hey Timmy, watch me caulk this guy's trailer with my eyes closed..."

And the microwave. I popped it out and found that it was installed minus two screws. I dug through my pile-o-screws and found one that fit and one that was close enough. Momma's micro is back in and sitting proud.

WrkrBee and Rik Peery like this.