Woo Hoo!

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Hilldweller, Jun 3, 2021.

1. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

Helped my son replace his back door yesterday. Whoever put the J-channel up, installed it with nails through the bottom of the water channel, to the brick mold. instead of using the many mounting holes/slots provided for them. Amazing how idiots can find someway to screw up something so simple.

Hilldweller likes this.
  2. Hilldweller

Hilldweller Well-Known Member

Just got home from 4 days lakeside in the mountains.
    Fired up the heat (both the heat pump and furnace) for the first time to make sure they work.

Everything worked great. I must admit to being surprised by that. Even my sloppy repairs held up in the rain.

Go figure. I could relax, hike, read a book, have a Hard Lemonade, and not wrench on anything.

:)

3. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

@Hilldweller

Where you go? Ever been to black mountain? Temperature?

4. Hilldweller

Hilldweller Well-Known Member

We were on Lake Winfield Scott, off Wolfpen Gap Rd. That road is what brought me to GA in the first place. Hairy road, fun for motorcycles and sports cars.
    It was in the low 60s at night and mid 70s daytime. Perfect.

Black Mountain? NC by Mt Mitchell?
    I usually camp on the BRP or near it if I'm up that way.

If you mean Black Rock Mountain in GA, nice park. Really really steep hiking trails there though. STEEP.

Econ likes this.
  5. JLawrence

JLawrence New Member

I picked up my new A-Liner Classic in July and I’m having a lot of the same problems. It’s got a Command heat pump that barely cools the camper 10 degrees. I’ve had air conditioners in tents that did better. If I can’t fix this, the trailer is going to be unusable for half the year in South Texas. At least it’ll start cooling off in a few weeks. Maybe.

On my last trip, one side of the microwave started sinking into its cubby hole. Looked closer and discovered that it was missing two screws.

The dealer still hasn’t given me the indoor/outdoor grill. They told me that my salesperson forgot to mention that A-Liner ran out of the grills. I asked them when they were expected to come in, and they didn’t know. But I called A-Liner and they’ve got them in stock. That was a month ago. Still no grill. It’s optional equipment; I don’t know why they sold it to me if they didn’t have it…

Hilldweller likes this.
  6. Mark CASTELLANI

Mark CASTELLANI Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

@JLawrence.... The PUP Life [add A-Liner, or TT... whatever] is just "Easy-Peasy"... right?

serriously, I feel your "pain"... at the very least, if you don't already have them, you'll learn new mechanical skills.... if you already have them well, it's an opportunity to hone them... it's always something... the more "stuff", the more "they" will go south

FWIW... "caveat emptor"... a long time ago, I spent a couple of months as a Car Salesman... most of my "colleagues" couldn't wait until the customer drove off the lot... they got the sale, on to the next... "SEE YA... wouldn't want to be Ya!!"... "ethics" were sorely lacking in that "profession"....hopefully, you got their "promises" in writing and you can use it to apply some legal leverage......

our youngest DD used to watch a kid's show called "Yo Gaba Gaba"... they had a song for the kids and it went something like this... "Don't give up, don't give up, keep on trying, keep on trying"

Hang Tough... there (probably) will be somebody, on these forums, with a "solution" for you... my "Life Mentor" would drill this into my head.... "A Smart Man learns from his own mistakes but, a Wise Man learns from the mistakes of others"

Happy Trails!

PS: I lived in Texas for 15 years... our 3 eldest [+ Grand Kids] still live there... having A/C IS NOT a "luxury"

Hilldweller likes this.
  7. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ

@JLawrence…. I hope they make it right by giving you the missing grill.

The microwave brackets are notoriously known to be an issue because of all the vibrations and moving during transport. We took our Classic around rough roads for boondocking. DH resecured the microwave by adding a L bracket to secure the unit to one side of the opening against the cabinet wall. All RV’s have issues from transporting across all road types. Things come loose. Best to check for loosen screws after each trip. Keep extras on hand. Add loctite if possible or a better screw, bolt, nut or washer. We even added wavy washers to the locking handles on the sidewalls.

I keep gorilla glue, gorilla tape, loctite, extra hardware, Velcro, plumbers tape, electrical tape, rubber bands, and etc. in KODI’s basement/cargo hatches for repairs.

Another thing to remember about lightweight towable trailers is: LIGHTWEIGHT materials aren’t known to be quality. They are used because of their lessen weight.

Welcome to the Aliner family.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

Mark CASTELLANI and Hilldweller like this.
  8. Tait

Tait Active Member

Ayup - I bought a 2014 last year. I've been enjoying it, but it has been at least one little thing that needs work every trip, and sometimes a bigger thing.

This last trip, my counter top was loose from the cupboard walls - I had re-tightened screws several times, including with loctite and even Elmer's school glue. They kept coming loose. This time, I screwed and glued a board to the underside of the counter and then screwed it to the side walls. Hopefully that will hold a while!

9. TimAZ

TimAZ New Member

When people ask about our Chalet I try to be honest about the “lightweight” nature of the construction. I tell them it’s basically a styrofoam cooler on wheels…[:D]

10. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ

I prefer aluminum cabinets to the faux wood cabinets inside my Classic and the thin panels on KODI. I like the aluminum cabinets used on the former Livin Lite models by Camplite. Too bad they stop making those. DH had to re-fasten the panel under the bathroom sink, bed, dinette and the exterior front panel so far.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

Susan Premo likes this.