Woodland Acres Brownfield ME review

Discussion in 'Maine' started by Johnny727, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Johnny727

Johnny727 New Member

Just spent 5 nights at Woodland Acres. Great canoeing/family campground. New owners in their second season looking to change the place into a more family orientated campground instead of a party destination. New heated pool that is perfect for kids. Three depths: 1 1/2', 3' and 5'. Great for little ones, but deep enough for adults to cool off. Volleyball, new horseshoe pits, playground, game room, laundry, dish washing stations, canoe rental and shuttle service, tie dye, ice cream socials, pedal carts, hayrides and more. Very clean restrooms. Large, hot, free showers. Good sized sites, some larger than others, most with good privacy. Trash and recyclable pickup at sites. Groups sites located away from the single sites. Decent store with groceries, soda, beer, wood, ice, toys, etc. Excellent and friendly staff. A family campground run by a very nice family. 30 miles from Conway area. 15 miles from Bridgeton/Naples/Sebago Lake area. Lots of activities in the area for families.

2. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for the update, I'll take a look. It's too far North for a Rally, we lose a lot of people the further North or West we go. That is an hour further North than the current rally location. I'd like it as it is only 30 minutes from my house though : ). Hope to see you at a Rally : )

3. BigTap

BigTap Active Member

This is one of my favorite campgrounds. I have been going here for 20 years dating back to my time in boy scouts in high school. I have done many trips here with friends and have started going with family and family and friend groups. Most sites have water and electric there are some that ave sewer. They have several group sites and sites with canopies. The water sites that the offer are up about a 10 foot bank to prevent flooding. The new owners are super nice and very accommodating to groups.