Woops no brakes

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by recycled55, Apr 29, 2011.

1. recycled55

recycled55 New Member

A couple weeks ago I posted about surge brakes -well the rains finally stopped and I was able to get started working on them.
    I replaced the master cylinder because the water fluid mixture in the old one was really terrible. Far beyond cleaning up.
    Bled all the old fluid out and got nice clean fluid coming out of each wheel cyl and they were functioning.
    Decided to pull the drum off and do the bearings while I was in the area. The drum came off without too much trouble but the forward brake lining was just sitting there in the drum. It was no longer glued to the brake shoe. That would have caused some real trouble on the road.
    Ordered replacement brakes today from CENTREVILLE MANUFACTURING. They have been really great to deal with.
    Now when the parts come it will probably rain some more.
    recycled55

2. capy235co

capy235co Member

Good luck!

3. Deskpilot

Deskpilot Member

A nice, solid job on your brake work. Your ounces of prevention will go a LONG way in having to find a cure for an accident or poor diving/braking characteristics.
    Happy Camping