Worth it or no?

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by Aklodowski, May 2, 2016.

1. Aklodowski

Aklodowski New Member

I am wondering what I can do about water pooling on both slide outs for the beds when it rains. There is the rod that goes right in the middle to hold the tenting part up but water pools on both sides and then drips in. We do plan to waterproof it but is there something we could build or do to stop the pooling from happening? TIA!

2. Rob-N-Kat

Rob-N-Kat Member

Not sure what make/model your camper is but sounds like you might not be pulling the tent around the bunk enough. We slide out the bunk , then pull the canvas around just to the bottom of the bunk. We then push out the bow with the Shepard (support) and then go back out side and pull the canvas underneath the bunk until everything is taught and then hook the bungee cord. We have never had an issue with water pooling over the bunks using that method. Hope that helps.

3. Keith Hawkins

Keith Hawkins Active Member

Welcome to the portal where you will find lots of great advice and even better people.

The Sheppard's Pole (The one stretching the Canvas) is probably adjustable, it is possible it need to go out one more hole to tighten the canvas a bit more.

May I suggest you put the make, model, year of your Tow Vehicle (TV) and your Pop Up (PUP) in your signature line. This way, when you have questions people will more easily be able to answer without asking the same question over and over again.

Happy Camping!

4. The Hillbilly Hilton

The Hillbilly Hilton New Member

If the canvas is not tight enough you can try putting a swimming pool noodle over the shepherds pole to try make the canvas more taught.

5. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

I cover the whole camper with a tarp if it is going to rain.