Would not have believed it unless I saw it

Discussion in 'GPS / Geocaching & Mapping Applications' started by Anthony Hitchings, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Active Member

Sitting at dinner at Priest Station, outside, at top of Old Priest Grade and New (less steep) Priest Grade, Hwy 120, CA.

During just the course of our dinner we saw three vehicles come up the new grade, and following their GPS immediately turn DOWN the old Priest grade (no room for a U-turn) and go all the way back to where they started!!. Waitress says it happens all the time.

PopUpSteve likes this.
  2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

sounds like a Tom Tom GPS that I had for a very short while :) Garmin GPS works a lot better

3. LjohnSaw

LjohnSaw So many fish, so little time...

The first time I drove to Yosemite with my Pup (3,500#), my daughter was "navigating". We came to the Y at the bottom and I said, New or Old. She hesitated and I had to keep moving and started up the Old. At the first sharp turn, she says NEW. Too late by then. I was in first gear all the way up doing about 10mph...

4. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Active Member

Actually, we saw a F150 haul a good sized camper (Winnie style) up the old grade - I am betting he took more than half the road on some turns.

5. bobinfleet

bobinfleet Active Member

You can't beat a map [:D]