Would you consider these neighbors inconsiderate?

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by rms62003, Jun 3, 2012.

1. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

:laugh:

If it's any consolation, maybe he picked up some poison ivy with the wood and it made its way to their nether regions [:D]

2. Flyfisherman

Flyfisherman New Member

Reminds me of a member of our fly fishing group.

When we plan a gathering of our "clan" usually in the Smoky Mtns .... could be NC, SC, Ga, TN ... we've even stretched further out then that - Bull Shoals S/P (ARK) right on the White River - up to Michigan to fish for steelhead. Usually we'll depart from our homes like on a Sunday (by Monday for sure), so we can be arriving at the targeted C/G while most other campers are leaving or have already gone - certainly by midweek. Well, I like to be one of the first to arrive (if not THE FIRST) - but do have competition with another member who also likes to be early. But this "character" is a campsite raider. He arrives early and a lot of times there's few campers ... so he raids all the empty campsites for any left over firewood!

3. Idahawk

Idahawk " Esta Perpetua "

Sex , wood and racoons this thread has it all [:)C]

4. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

DW is a pyromaniac and must have a fire. One of the first things she does when we get to a CG is walk around to the empty campsites to see if anyone left any firewood. She usually scores a few pieces. Beyond that, we have to buy some for her nightly blaze. I used to do all of the work building and tending the fire but decided that if she wants it she can take care of it. So, I taught her what to do and now the whole fire thing is her responsibility. Personally, I'd rather skip it and enjoy the dark and stars.

5. Freebie5

Freebie5 Happy Camping

Completely agree!

6. freenaz

freenaz Member

I'm with UT on the campfire, I prefer not having one except when camping with a group.
    When it is just DW and me, I see no need.
    The DW builds and takes care of the fire but she is coming around to my way of thinking about the seeing the stars better and not smelling like smoke. [:(O]

7. beemerboy

beemerboy New Member

I've never had firewood stolen. What I did have while camping for a week in northern Vermont was piles of firewood show up in my wood stack.

It seems that when other campers were leaving while we were out sight seeing they put their left over wood on our pile.

8. castawayguy

castawayguy Life is short...eat your s'mores first!

I wouldn't have a problem with wood gathering, unless it was contrary to CG rules. If loud sex is on the agenda, rent a room and come back to the CG later....not everyone is inspired by the Tarzan and Jayne thing...some are disturbed and/or offended and/or jealous! In any case, not appropriate to a family setting...

9. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Loud sex at a CG soon after arrival, Yikes! Not saying that sex does not happen at CGs, however, rather unusual timing and execution.

10. MichelleMS

MichelleMS Member

This weekend we saw a guy and his son taking firewood from site numbered 4. We had to move sites and ended up across from them in site numbered 52! This was probably a 1/4 trek between loops, across a huge parking lot and boat landing parking lot he made this kid carry wood. My husbad was so irritated.

Before all the firewood restrictions here, we would see guys picking up wood from sites and then selling it to other campers only a few sites away! Ingenious little buggers!

We usually leave wood for the next person, or if someone looks like they are staying, we offer it up and help haul it over to them.

And, in all my years of camping, I have not come across the other topic in this thread. Thank the lord! I have, however, come across people enjoying one another on trails while geocaching. Awk. Ward.

11. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

On second thought, sex and burning wood are my 2 most passionate activities.

12. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I would be outside cracking up during "the event", but afterwards, I'd have to say, in a LOUD, lazy voice, "Oh yeah! I could sure use a smoke right about now! How bout y'all?"

[:D]

13. TentOnWheelsTX

TentOnWheelsTX New Member

[LOL] [LOL] omg, I think I just died laughing!!

14. Greg D Azman

Greg D Azman Member

Kinda one in the same.

15. Kit_B

Kit_B New Member

Wait...You heard us!?
    I thought 200 ft was far enough.

Only kidding...Wasn't me.

16. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

[LOL] [LOL] Me too!

Campit

17. toastd

toastd New Member

I have to say that I'd go over there and say a few words. Maybe with an air horn or something.

18. BIGGUNNER

BIGGUNNER New Member

damn... it seems that one has to walk on egg shells when camping.

19. tentcamper

tentcamper New Member

rotnmom [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] I think I just peed myself a little!
    I probably would have show a little more concern... maybe asking if they needed me to call 911, or the clegy, depending on what sounds were being emiited... (oh god, oh god)

too funny!

20. Pop up Pooley

Pop up Pooley New Member

OMG y'all are cracking me up!!!!! Good one RotnMom!

For me, I have to have a different (aka really patient) mindset when I go camping.
    In my pea brain, I realize it is camping, so folks want to enjoy their time as well, many times not taking into consideration the feelings or preferences of their camping neighbors.
    For me, if I am gonna have a good time, I have to let little irritations rolls right off my back. including watching folks do what I wouldn't do or having to listen to whatever "things" they are doing.