Would you pay to keep PopUp Portal going?

Discussion in 'Hey PUP Staff, Let me tell you what I think!' started by nhcaveman, Feb 27, 2010.

I wonder how many members:

1. Would pay $5 per year for a membership fee.

43.3%
  2. Would donate $5 now, if there were a $5 button.

29.2%
  3. Don't think PopUp Portal is worth paying for

7.5%
  4. Would rather see advertising cluttering down the left side of the page your looking at right now.

20.0%
  1. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

This poll is in regards to the poll, Would you pay $5 per year for a photo album & email? I was wondering, would you pay to keep PopUp Portal going?

2. ogeer3

ogeer3 New Member

I would be more than happy to pay $5.00 a year membership fee. If there were a $5.00 button I would use it now.

3. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

I did'nt check a button because you left one out of the poll. Please add, "Do you already support the portal?" Then I can check yes and give a reply. Thanks.

4. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

Hell yeah - I'd pay $5. I'd be getting off cheaper than I have for each of the past five years. :) :)

5. erich0521

erich0521 New Member

Steve, you guys must spend a LOT of time and there has to be a LOT of storage with the size this site has become. A big thank you :)

I love this site [:D]

6. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

BTW, While there is not a $5 button, there is $10. button. It is labeled, "Throw a log on the Fire" and can be found on the upper right hand side of the home page. Only takes a couple of minutes to show how much we appreciate the work Steve and the gang do to keep this site and running.

7. slyspyder

slyspyder Lake Saint Louis, MO

I chose the advertising option. I LOVE the portal and appreciate all that is done for it, but I honestly know that I wouldn't pay for it. I don't currently pay for any website membership and wouldn't this one either. Its not that I think $5 is too much for this great site for a year...I just know myself and know that I wouldn't "join" if I had to pay. Just being honest........

8. samtgrizz

samtgrizz New Member

I didn't vote, but I will donate to the site. I don't think there should be a membership fee because we would loose people with valuable input and would also discourage new members who don't yet know the value of the site. There are also a couple of other PUP sites, that I visit on occasion and think I would drift more to those.

9. lowetech

lowetech New Member

I know from using PayPal myself that they take a chunk out of every payment, so it may not be worth it for PUP to take a $5 contribution.

Although I don't post that much, I have found this website to be not only a valuable resource but of great entertainment value. I love reading about other member's trips and mods to their campers.

10. theraceshop

theraceshop Belchertown, MA

I must agree with slyspyder You have ads and buisness owners doing research here so they should be paying. I like it here but to join I have to also have say naw can't do that.

11. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill PUP-2002 Flagstaff 725D TV- 2004 Dodge Ram 1500

I saw a post the other day asking if donating was worth it. I believe it is and I gave $10.00 the same day. Yes, times are tough but the knowledge I have received is worth about 10 times that. Unfortunately, if it were too expensive, I would seek other avenues. I don't mind a bit every now and again. I believe most people feel the same.

12. Mosbyranger

Mosbyranger Onward, thru the fog...

I can't really get behind a mandatory fee for use, although I like the site immensely. I have no problem with the titanium level of membership, and willingly support the site. I just have a problem with mandatory fees.
    MR

13. Csea

Csea New Member

If there were alternate routes of paying for it (im C.C less) then i wouldnt mind paying 5.00 a year membership.

14. yellowbearcat

yellowbearcat Lafayette CO

I also saw the post the other day and donated $10,would gladly pay $5 a year, I have gotten more than $5 worth of info.
    Thank you
    Catherine & Roger

15. redfragglerocker

redfragglerocker Jen & Mike, Andrew (8) and Justin (5)

For less than the price of a cup of coffee per day, you can help feed and clothe the pop up portal! Will you help?

Seriously, I don't think the fee should be mandatory, but the advice that i have gotten on here is priceless and I would gladly pay to keep that service up and running.

16. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

With over 17,000 members, if everyone would throw a little log on the fire, it would be a great thing!

17. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Right on Nascar Fan,
    That was kind of my whole point with this and my post on Steve thread about paying $5. a year, if we could all just toss a little log, now and then, things would pay off in the end.

18. wgadog

wgadog Hey Boo Boo!

Absolutely... something minimal and non-mandatory (10$ a year?) I've been on here only two days and I've gotten tons of great info.

19. Island Ranger

Island Ranger New Member

The info is invaluable here but I don't think to make it compulsory is the right avenue

20. CANTget RIGHT

CANTget RIGHT New Member

yes yes yes i would pay and push button