Wow - Sold in record time!

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by cjm0mmy, Apr 7, 2021.

1. cjm0mmy

cjm0mmy Member

I knew the demand for campers of all kinds was at an all time high, but selling my old popup was nuts. We had a 1999 Coleman Santa Fe. The roof was doing that cracking thing they do, the fridge hasn't worked in 4 years, We never used the water, so who knows? No A/C, no heater. But the stoves work fine and we had an 8 yr old screen room on it. Canvas in decent shape, and so was the inside. Not that you need all that detail. Anyway, put it on facebook market place yesterday at 1:30. Sold by 5, site unseen. Had to cancel 3 other appointments. I was asking a very low price, only $1100, but fixing that roof and a new fridge would probably cost over a grand.

Sweetpea, J Starsky, 1380ken and 3 others like this.
  2. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

Good work...Now the big question...What is replacing it?[:D]
    Pics...We love Pics!

3. kudzu

kudzu Active Member Gold Supporting Member

Good job! Makes me hopeful I could sell my water damaged Aliner at an okay price. It was water damaged when I got it and I didn't pay much. If I can get back most of what I paid on it I will be over the moon.

Sweetpea likes this.
  4. Enz0

Enz0 Member

Sold our 1997 starcraft pop-up a few weeks ago for a thousand more than we paid for it 9 years ago... More than twice the NADA value. Market is crazy. Not often a camper appreciates in value, but if you are gonna sell, now is the time.

Sweetpea, Rik Peery and Sjm9911 like this.
  5. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Spring is here, people gettin' froggy, slinging $$$$ like buckshot lol...listed a kayak Monday we never use, was spoken for w/in an hour; wife told me to start digging thru crap & selling it, but every time I pick something up, a memory pops up, so I rehide it...

6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

You priced it to sell , and it was probably in better shape then most. You did good.

neighbormike, Sweetpea and Rik Peery like this.
  7. Lumbergodd

Lumbergodd Active Member

We bought our popup 6 years ago. A 2000 Jayco Qwest 8U. Paid $1500 for it. Very good shape but the countertops needed to be rebuilt. I put about $100 into that, took out the sink and stove and took off the battery and propane tanks. I left the furnace because I didn't want to get into totally re-doing the cabinets. I sold it last week for $2100 to a young couple with 4 kids for $2100. I know I could have gotten more for it but they are the daughter and family of a friend and I knew it was going to a good home. Also, there is nothing for sale of that quality in that price range anywhere in our area.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Rik Peery likes this.
  8. Rik Peery

Just checked Farcebook Marketplace (local) for kicks, this 2000 was listed for $3,000 "Good Condition", pretty dang nappy looking inside & out, couple of outside pics

148312313_3768120499917567_8091520237479445023_n.jpg 154754744_3818375944892022_6350648986868900886_n.jpg

9. Eric Webber

Eric Webber Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Damn. I sold the same model two years ago - roof repaired and water tank system removed. Sold for 500 and took a month

10. cjm0mmy

cjm0mmy Member

And the reasonable price we sold it for will keep me from feeling guilty if anything major goes wrong. We did not rip the buyer off. Single mom with 3 young kids. They were so excited. It was a good sale.

11. cjm0mmy

cjm0mmy Member

Bought a 2018 Jayco 212qb last May. Got a phenomenal deal. The market hadn't taken off quite yet, and I don't think the seller was paying attention to the news. Actually got it for under book. We were going to wait a year or two, but you can't help looking and when this came up, we jumped on it. It was the exact model we were looking for.

12. cjm0mmy

cjm0mmy Member

Before we listed it I was thinking I would have been happy with $900. LOL

13. Rik Peery

***Well done! Can't buy piece of mind for sure, but knowing you did right can...

mmpopuplvr likes this.
  14. firepit

Nice..You were smarter than me...I waited too long and now will be waiting awhile till
    prices come back to where I can justify buying.

neighbormike and RonDad like this.
  15. Rik Peery

firepit likes this.
  16. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

firepit and Rik Peery like this.
  17. firepit

Those are so cool...I seen a all original non restored out camping one time.
    If that thing sells then we all need to get in the used camper business....WOWSA!

Sjm9911 and Rik Peery like this.
  18. Rik Peery

Lol...my luck, I'd buy it just to whizz the wife off & get rear ended on my way home [LOL]

19. brettstoner

brettstoner Member

Do you guys think prices will come back down at some point? That eventually non-campers who entered the camping market will stop camping and go back to hotels/resorts? Then prices will come back down and the market will come back to normal? I would love to get a hardwall but prices.... yikes!

Rik Peery and Allamakee County like this.
  20. Turfit

Turfit New Member

It's crazy how fast these things are selling right now, after a couple of weeks for searching and making appointment times to look at campers that all sold before I could go see them. I was able to get a 2008 Fleetwood Bayside. Drove 150 miles to get it, 4 other people showed up wanting to look at it while I'm there...... Now it's time to clean everything out of my old Hi-Lo and get it on the market before these prices go down!!!!

Rik Peery likes this.