xpress models? Epress Models

copperbear

Sep 26, 2011
Kinda looking to get back into camping, but need a small, under 1000lbs unit. WOuld be towing with a small import(Hyundai) car. Has anyone heard anything neg about the Express models? I head there maybe issues with leaking? Also, I c for 2020, there are some new models avail, a 12.0 td ( with no info anywhereabout specs) and an basic with opt A/C.

Herrp58

Oct 9, 2019
Kinda looking to get back into camping, but need a small, under 1000lbs unit. WOuld be towing with a small import(Hyundai) car. Has anyone heard anything neg about the Express models? I head there maybe issues with leaking? Also, I c for 2020, there are some new models avail, a 12.0 td ( with no info anywhereabout specs) and an basic with opt A/C.
The few video reviews I've seen all indicate the 12.0 TD model has a pretty poor a/c setup. Reviewers report they used a plastic directional vent to re-route the cool breeze as well as another fan to help the cause. I'm looking at a 9.0 TD, to fit in my garage per HOA rules. I hope the a/c in those is better...

McFlyfi

Super Active Member
Aug 1, 2014
Thousand Oaks CA
The UVW on that is 1080lbs. Before any battery or propane you are already over your stated limit of 1,000lbs...Add an a/c and thats another 100lbs.
So with a battery, 15lbs of propane, an a/c unit, you're at 1265lbs.

cuppajoe

Aug 2, 2016
Also, keep in mind that your car's tow capability includes the weight of all passengers and gear in the car as well. A lot of people don't realize that and do a lot of damage to their tow vehicle because it adds up quickly!