Years of wishin and finally did it!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by OnTheLoose, Jun 18, 2017.

1. OnTheLoose

OnTheLoose New Member

i grew up tent camping, then into a trailer, class A, 5th wheel... parents slowly upgraded and now live full-time in a Class A. So I'm not new to RV life but super excited to finally say I own my very own pop up. Purchasing one in rural CA was challenging. As soon as one was posted on craigslist, I would be on the road to view it and it would sell. I decided to start telling anyone and everyone I knew that I was in the market and by luck, I bought my pop up from a neighbor just a few blocks away. It was meant to be. Pulling it with my Subaru Outback (2700 tow cap) and the trailer is just under 1000lbs empty. Should do well. I do however need AC installed ASAP. It's 106 degrees today and our summers get crazy hot. Want to do remote camping so solar panels might also be a nice add on. All things I'll research with time. My 6year old and I are excited to work up to full-time RV living during our summers. It's like Christmas!!!

ready123go and JeepinAndCampin like this.
  2. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

welcome from the mid-mo well if you were a tent camper you knew how to entertain yourself outside. We were tent campers for 41 years tented all over the country. We have moved up to an A-Liner Scout I purchased a 12v fan for cooling in the eve. the thing will run you out around 1am we have to turn it off this is when the days temp hit over 90d.

OnTheLoose likes this.
  3. OnTheLoose

OnTheLoose New Member

The AC is a wish list so I'll see how a fan works to cool us down this summer. Maybe plan trips north and away from the summer heat to start. So excited to get on our way!!

bob barnes likes this.
  4. bob barnes

Also in 4 trips to Europe with our tent a/c was never needed. The only time in 41 years we were really hot I mean hot was in Mississippi but we struggled through the night but by morning all was good. just one of those things!!

5. OnTheLoose

OnTheLoose New Member

I was watching YouTube videos and saw something about clipping emergency blankets above the bed canvas. Seems to help reflect sun off the camper and helps keep it cool inside.

6. JeepinAndCampin

JeepinAndCampin Member

Congrats

OnTheLoose likes this.
  7. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

There are some good 12V fans you can get. Sounds like you have one of the smaller pups so space will be limited. You mentioned wanting to do remote camping - AC won't be an option for that unless you bring a generator. Check out the Endless Breeze fan - they make a tabletop one that a lot of people really like, and it moves a ton of air. Me, I like my AC. You can keep a pup cool, but it takes some effort and there are trade offs - most of my windows have reflectix in them now, which negates some of the benefits of a pup as I have blocked off my windows. Doesn't bother me too much, but it might others.

Enjoy your new camper!

OnTheLoose likes this.
  8. bob barnes

I got my 12v fan at orieleys by 1am we are turning it off at a 90d day!