Yellow stains in canvas sides

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Krzykt, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Krzykt

Krzykt New Member

After a smokey and ashy stay in Gettysburg, we brought the camper home for a good washin'. As always, I use Dawn dish detergent for my tent ends.
    But this time, it just wasn't enough. I decide to use some OxiClean on the top vinyl and let it sit for a few minutes before using my Dawn suds and a soft brush to work it in before hosing off. And while I was cleaning, the canvas also had a few spots, so I did the same for the canvas sides. I hosed the tent ends off thoughly, but as they started to dry, I noticed dark yellow stains all over the canvas. The one end that was the dirtiest - which I used the most time/cleaner on - looks like it was in a smokers house of 20 years......it is almost entirely yellow !!! I don't know what to do - I am sickened by the looks of it ---- please help ! As per the Forest River care guide, OxiClean is an approved cleaner for the VRX-14 material..... I'd appreciate any help on this matter. Thank you- Krzykt

2. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I know this is a long shot, but maybe it will go away on it's own?

Hope you wake up tomorrow to a more attractive camper.

3. StephL

StephL New Member

We just did the same thing and now have ugly yellow stains on the canvas. Did you find a way to clean and remove the yellow stains?