Yellowstone Camping

Discussion in 'Wyoming' started by smittydog32, May 21, 2015.

1. smittydog32

smittydog32 New Member

My wife and I are going to Sturgis in August but are thinking about going to Yellowstone while we are there. Looking at the web site I can see a lot of things are booked up already for the sites we are looking at. Does anyone have any advise for places outside the park to stay? And do they have hook-up's?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

2. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Well-Known Member

There are a couple of other threads on YS, so look at those. Stay in the park if you can, or you will waste a huge amount of time driving in and out. Canyon is super convenient, Grant is nice too. Are you interested in Tetons also? One route in that I can recommend is to get off in Buffalo and then go in via Thermopolis and Wind River canyon and into Tetons via 26. Or like normal via Cody. There are places in Cody outside of the park, but the drive in and out each day is long.

3. smittydog32

smittydog32 New Member

Thank you for the information. I will do some more research. Still have a little time before we head that way but I know I need to make reservations soon before they are all gone.

4. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

We stayed at Grizzly RV Park near the West entrance. It was expensive but beautiful and very convenient to drive in everyday. If we ever go again we would stay at Canyon. Very nice and near our favorite spot--the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

5. smittydog32

smittydog32 New Member

Awesome novagirl......