Yesterday I inadvertently learned about the Water system

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Ny_Paul, May 25, 2016.

1. Ny_Paul

Ny_Paul New Member

I finally got the [PU] back after having warranty work done. Had a tear in the canvas where it connects to the slide out under the rain flap. Luckily they replaced the entire section panel. So finally got to dewinterize it for the first time, got to do hands on rather than just reading about how it all goes together. Came to find I had an issue with the water system. I flushed the lines with city water and forced all air out, filled the hot water tank and had that running. All was going well until and flowing smoothly. I decided to fill and switch over to the water tank. First the dump valve was open, not a hug issue other than I had to crawl under the [PU] and the newly created puddle to get to it. Turned that off while soaking up about a quarter of the water with my shirt and thought that was going to be the worst of it. Turned on the water pump and it began to hum and I thought, nice I did it. Then it kept running and running and running and I thought ok maybe the first time it took a bit to pressurize the system. Waited a bit and opened the tap, it spurted and spit and kept doing so for 5 minutes, at which point I shrugged off the idea I might have an issue. After waiting longer and trying it over and over I began to realize I had an issue and began to trouble shoot and research. Took me half the day but finally found that the inlet connection to the water pump was cross threaded and letting air in and the tiniest drip of water out. After some interesting contortionist positions was able to unthread and rethread properly, getting the system to work effectively.

2. smit1088

smit1088 Well-Known Member

Sounds like some really good bonding time with your new pup. [:D]

3. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

Now...where are you going with it? :)

4. leningradka

leningradka Spending a small fortune to live like homeless guy

Wow! I would have just thrown my hands in the air in despair!!!

5. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

That sounds like a better solution. [:D]

6. Nandy

Nandy Active Member

Shoddy manufacturer work, was the canvas issue also from factory?

7. Jayko

Jayko Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha

Nice job. No better way to get acquainted with your pup.