yet another 2003 coleman santa fe problem

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by movingparts1, Jun 5, 2015.

1. movingparts1

movingparts1 Member

HELP! Ok... My converter fried out. When it did, I saw the interior lights flash on and off then the converter sizzled. I have replaced the converter with the same one. it is putting out on all counts. all the outlets work and the porch light works too. However, the interior lights are not working. Simply not getting any power. any ideas? did the converter fry some wires or is there a hidden fuse (lol)? Anyone know?

2. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

The outlets are a completely different circuit (120VAC) from the interior lights and will only work if you are plugged into 'shore power' (house current for simplicity)

Which means you ARE getting 12VDC. Check the galley safety switch to be sure that is engaged. If that switch isn't working the overhead lights won't work. If the galley switch is working, check the wires running to the ceiling for 12VDC, usually on the street side back by the lift post.
    Other will help soon, soon.
    Good luck!

3. movingparts1

movingparts1 Member

You rule!!!! It all works. Switch is fine. Just didn't think about it. Thanks again!!!