You know…

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by FARfetched, Oct 14, 2019.

1. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

For all the fussing I've done about the Starflyer's maintenance issues, and the PO's neglect of same, they're mostly minor. The floor is solid, the roof is solid, all the electrical stuff works, the canvas has no tears outside the grommets, and I've sewn those up and replaced the brass. The cabinetry has no serious issues, although I'd like to update it (especially around the sink). The lift system still squeals when I crank it up (but not down), yet the noise is maybe 1/4 what it was when I bought it. All credit is due to this site and all the collective wisdom captured therein.

The bumper and hitch (and most likely, the frame) need some paint, and I want to put the quietus on the lift system. A PP(PP?)O put a cigarette burn or two in the upholstery, but that was already part of the upgrade list. I won't blame the PO for the awning bag, either… who knows how much that got exposed to the elements? At least there was a cover for the pup by the time I got it.

Once I get the A/C sorted (I don't expect it to be a big issue), and add a battery, everything else is cleanup, updates, and refreshes. If I could replace the decals, you would think this pup spent most of its life in a garage. Good bones, indeed… it just needs a good scrub on the outside.

2. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got a keeper!

HappyTraveler and FARfetched like this.