you use Bearing Buddies?

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by partsjay, Mar 23, 2012.

1. partsjay

partsjay New Member

Just curious how many of you use them? When I bought my hubs and bearings, the Guy at the Parts Counter said I shouldn't need them, and that they are mostly for Boat trailers.....any thoughts?

2. mgeiger

mgeiger New Member

I had an extra set from my boat trailer and put them on. They can't hurt. Just don't overfill them.

3. Flyfisherman

Flyfisherman New Member

I have the Bearing Buddies on the boat trailer, which they were designed for. On my last Starcraft had the E-Z Lube Axle, different from the Bearing Buddies. Personally, I would not want the Bearing Buddies on a tent trailer, unless I was going to be backing it into water.

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Bearing buddies should not be used with trailers with brakes, and are designed to force water out of the bearings on boat trailers. Not needed on PUP's. Just my [2C]

5. chipperone1

chipperone1 Member

I have EZ Lube axles - very good to me. When used and maintained properly "Bearing Buddies" are very good - most don't get it right and have probs.

They are compatable with all axles/brakes if used correctly.

Are "Buddies" designed to "force water out"? I would think they are designed and function as to prevent water from entering in the first place! Makes more sense to me - they create positive pressure because of the spring - one psi or so - enough to keep water out.

Use them if you want to - correctly of course - it couldn't hurt. You don't NEED them however.

6. turborich

turborich Active Member

Bearing buddies are the worse thing that you could do. All they do is make a mess of grease and cause braking problems.