Your favorite place to eat in Myrtle Beach?

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by INCatfan, Jul 2, 2013.

1. INCatfan

INCatfan New Member

Hey everybody. This is our first trip to Myrtle Beach and I was wanting some good family resteraunts to try. Thanks

2. bburgcamper

bburgcamper 16 weekends a year camping just isn't enough.

Creek Ratz in Murrells Inlet. It is nothing fancy but the food is good and staff is great. Family friendly.

3. INCatfan

INCatfan New Member

Sounds good. We're not into fancy anyways. What kind of food do they serve?

4. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

In Myrtle Beach it would have to be Little Pigs BBQ at 6102 Frontage Rd. Myrtle Beach. Near Myrtle Beach would definitely be Hog Heaven BBQ 7147 Ocean Hwy, Pawleys Island. In Myrtle Beach, River City Cafe has the best burgers. They have multiple locations but we normally eat at the one 404 21st Ave N.

BTW how is the campground?

5. presyoung

presyoung New Member

River city. I like the bowery but not with kids. Not sure if they reopened the pavilion or not. Just a stroll down the boulevard is great on a weeknight.

6. scollins

scollins Member

I used to live in Hartsville SC about 90min west of Myrtle Beach. You might be passing through there depending in where you're coming from. If you do I would suggest eating at Shug's or Bizzle's. I know you want Myrtle suggestions bug having a good place to eat on the way never hurts. I used to love them both! Garlicky buns at Shug's and the shrimp and grits and muffins at Bizzle's. have fun!!!

7. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

For years, I would go to Calabash Restaurant in Calabash, NC. It is not far from MB, SC. The seafood is ALWAYS fresh, mostly same day or yesterday's catch. It is worth the driving for delicious dinner...

8. SR20DEN

SR20DEN New Member

My favorite place to eat in all of Myrtle beach is a tiny hole in the wall place called "Grecian Corner"

9606 North Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572

I make it a point to visit there at least once on every trip I take to Myrtle beach so i can get my Cheese Steak fix.

9. 88PUP

88PUP being crazy- has kept me from going insane

Calabash Seafood in Calabash, NC about 16 miles North of MB. Any of the water front seafood restaurants is excellent!! Also Williams Seafood or The Inlet kitchen in Murrells Inlet is great also. There are plenty of All you can eat Seafood buffets but you need to decide if you want quality or quantity.

Where are you staying in MB??

10. eric hamilton

eric hamilton New Member

mammas kitchen has a slammn buffet its on kings hwy real close to the skywheel. theres a sea food resturant in george town at the marina thats really good

11. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

Almost any place in Murrell's Beach is good. There is one place, can't recall the name but it burned down a couple of years ago. they rebuilt it bigger and better. Amazing food. :)

12. smallcamper

smallcamper New Member

In Myrtle Beach we like Mammy's Kitchen; great buffet at breakfast or dinner. In North Myrtle Hamburger Joe's has great burgers and wings, but take cash, he is cash only. A little further north, in Calabash, Beck's has some of the best seafood, best prices, and best service you will find anywhere.

13. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

When we went to MB, we ate at Calabash Seafood. Great seafood! Nice and fresh! [:)O]

Campit

14. cjm0mmy

cjm0mmy Member

Bimini's Oyster Bar and Seafood Cafe. I love oysters. We found this very casual place years ago and make a point of going every time we get to Myrtle Beach. Oysters, hush puppies, and cold beer! They also have a kids menu. http://www.biminisoysterbar.com/ We are going aver the Christmas holidays (not camping) and now I can't wait to get me some oysters.

15. TooTall

TooTall New Member

Tar baby's breakfast buffet

16. nomorecoop

nomorecoop Member

Angelo's Steak and Pasta. Pasta sucks, but their large steaks are amazing.

River City Cafe for burgers.

Bovine's or Drunken Jack's in Murrell's Inlet.

17. chippers

chippers New Member

Nacho Hippo was really good. Mexican (obviously!) with great "fusion" tacos and really good salsa.

18. Jacque122

Jacque122 New Member

Peaches Hot Dogs

19. kimlovescamping

kimlovescamping Member

I second this. We eat at Bimini's yearly... yummy.

20. packofwises

packofwises New Member

Captain George's across from Broadway at the Beach has an amazing seafood buffet but is very busy and usually the wait time is terrible. And it's a little pricey. We used to travel North on 17 to Calabash, NC and eat at Dockside ( I think is the name, can't remember it's been a while) It's right on the docks for the Hurricane Fleets (site seeing boats). They have really good seafood, too.